[ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Tue Oct 1 13:41:12 EDT 2002

In our area most don't charge anything extra for IPs for a business class
dedicated line.  We give you as many as you request up to the amount that
you can justify [meaning the lesser of the two].  It's the same price
whether someone wants 4 IPs or needs 4 class Cs.

We do charge more on personal accounts for static and small routed blocks
because those customers typically use more bandwidth.  It's the easiest
way to charge for that extra usage, and has nothing to do with our cost to
ARIN.

I have a tough time believing that a customer could not shop around if
this was truely an issue.  If there is no competition in an area, does it
really matter how the charges are broken out?  If they don't charge you by
IP they will charge you somewhere else.

Mury
GoldenGate Internet Services
763-784-2800

* The Twin Cities Largest Locally Owned Internet Provider              *
* Multiple DS3s and POPs for Redundancy                                *
* DSL, T1s, DS3s, ISDN, Web Hosting, Colocation, Web Design, and more  *