[ppml] Question?

Dr. Jeffrey Race jrace at attglobal.net
Sat Nov 30 01:44:25 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:14:05 -0600, * KAPIL * wrote:

>.so we need to work together to make
>our internet a better place.

Fine, I agree.  However everything that the psychologists and
sociologists know about human behavior says that cooperation in
large groups entails enforcement for non-compliance.

So let us get past the platitudes about "let us all feel good
together" and ask the only relevant question:  What is the
enforcement mechanism for antisocial behavior destructive of
the internet as a communication mechanism?

Remember, all present methods (from the old feel-good days of
engineers working together) have failed disastrously.  Spam is
increase by tens of percentage points per quarter.

What is your _mechanism_ for enforcement please?  I have an
open mind.

Jeffrey Race