[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2002-6 (fwd)

Einar Bohlin ebohlin at uu.net
Wed Nov 13 17:58:48 EST 2002

Hi Alec,

I saw in the meeting notes that an APNIC rep mentioned
that this was seldom used because renumbering seemed to
be a deterrent.

I think renumbering is a concern for legitamate users
of nets and they won't bother to use this policy.  It's
the other guys who'd take advantage of this that worry me.

I don't see a way to make this better, it's a bad idea and
I believe the board should not ratify this one.

There's not enough good compared to the opportunity for abuse.

Is it assumed that if someone turned in non-contiguous
swamp nets, that they'd get a cidr from the swamp range?
In the example, where does the /22 come from, the swamp
or the current range, or is it ARIN's choice?

Cheers,

Einar Bohlin