ARIN Database and Template Transition

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Thu Feb 21 12:41:36 EST 2002

Hello Dawn,

> Is this going to be an agenda item at the next ARIN meeting? If not,
> can it be put on the agenda?  I would really like to see some more
> discussion from the membership before this is implemented.

ARIN has been working with its members and the general ARIN user
community for the past year to finalize plans for a new database
schema and templates.  ARIN's last two public policy meetings
(April and October 2001) featured discussions about the new
database schema and templates.  On both occasions, the location
of the templates on the ARIN FTP site was announced and comments
were solicited.

The templates that are to be released in June are a result of
the feedback received following these two meetings.

The next ARIN meeting will also feature the new templates, but in
their final form, as part of a tutorial.

> Has anyone else said anything about this or is it just me?

Other than your own, ARIN has only received messages indicating
an interest to participate in upcoming beta-testing of the new
database and templates in response to the February 12 announcement
to this list.

The instructions of two of the new templates have been modified
based on your feedback.

Best Regards,

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations