[ppml] Question?

Mark McFadden mcf at uwm.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:20:03 EST 2002

Is RFC 2505 insufficient, or perhaps not comprehensive enough?

There's also been other work done:  http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/spam.html

It seems to me that what we need is a version of SMTP where the "sender
pays" in some sense.  Otherwise, we are stuck with the SMTP that has the
feature of costing the sender exactly the same -- whether one address is in
the header or one million are.

mark

Mark McFadden
Internet/Web Technology Programs