Policy Proposal 2001-1

David R Huberman huberman at gblx.net
Tue Sep 25 19:57:28 EDT 2001

> Given that such a policy exists, do we need to alter the minimum SWIP
> size?

I had brought this up for discussion not so much for the privacy policy,
but because I feel the /29s in the ARIN WHOIS database are mostly "useless
objects" - in part, due to the policy.

In an effort to lessen the burden on small- and medium-sized ISPs who SWIP
manually, and in an effort to lessen the burden on ARIN which manually
process thousands of SWIPs a day, and in conjunction with my stated belief
that so many /29s are home networks containing upstream POC information,
this discussion seemed appropriate.

/david