SWIP: /29s vs /28s

Mike Harrison mike at highertech.net
Fri Aug 31 10:27:00 EDT 2001

> Often times the only /29s I see are for home networks. Since residential
> assignments are already excepted in ARIN reassignment policies, the
> objects are minimally useful.

We have been assigning /29's and /30's to a LOT of fairly substantial
business entities on faster than 128K connections. Firewalls, Proxies
and 'cable/dsl routers'. Fract T1, T1 and Wireless. These are the same
entities that a few years ago would have demanded a /24 (C). Them being
paranoid about live IP's on the 'net may be a good thing. :)