consistancy

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Sun Sep 17 21:40:28 EDT 2000

Yes, I made a mistake by wording "(which ARIN is)" instead of "(of which
ARIN is a member)", which someone already pointed out to me.  By pointing
out an error in my wording you cannot throwout point #2 which states that
policies in most cases should be created within the RIR.

That's like an announcer screwing up and saying Sosa hit a double when he
really hit a homer.  It's still a homerun.  And the ninth paragraph under
the duties of the AC still state that normally policies within the area of
the ASO's responsibility be developed within the RIR.  And the third
paragraph under the "Duties" state that responsibilty to be the
"distribution and registration of address space."  Thus the conclusion,
ARIN has some authority and responsibility to develop global policies and
"forward them to the AC for their consideration."

If under policy development they didn't clarify some exceptions that they
intended to that's another story.  However, the way it is written leads
one to believe that we are talking about all IPv4 and IPv6 address space:

"(i) Definition of global policies for the distribution and registration
of Internet address space (currently IPv4 and IPv6);"

Mury
GoldenGate Internet Services