consistancy

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Sat Sep 16 16:56:56 EDT 2000

Antonio Querubin wrote:

> Would you accept the fact that many of us on the receiving end of the
> latter look on the lack of attention paid to the former as reducing ARIN
> et al credibility and leadership?  Lose that credibility and you'll have a
> hard time convincing the rest of the membership to do anything else.

First of all, ARIN is very interested in reclaiming IP space, where it can
do so.  The issue is far more complicated than you may think, primarily
because of the fact that ARIN does not have the authority to revoke
allocations that it did not make.  This is the primary point people seem to
be missing.

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"