consistancy

Brian Wallingford brian at meganet.net
Sat Sep 16 15:34:33 EDT 2000

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000 bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

: > I have a new school connecting to us early next week with a /16 for a
: > campus of under 10K students.  :(
: >
: > There has to be a way to reclaim them!
:
: 	There is. Check the fine RFC.
: 	When there is a fundamental -technical- requirement to get
: 	the space back, it can be reclaimed.  THe current problem
: 	is not technical but political.

A perfect summary to this entire discussion.  (Which RFC?  Pardon my
ignorance, I didn't realize there was one that addressed this.)  I'm
fairly certain that a technical argument to this (granted) political
problem could be made in many cases, wrt legacy space.

-brian