[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Wed Apr 17 19:19:18 EDT 2013

>From an earlier post by John Curran:

   Size        2011
   Category    Count

   X-Small      948
   Small      2,240
   Medium       630
   Large        106
   X–Large       73

Note: this is according to the current/old fee schedule.

Maybe John can answer what it looks like if we added more categories:

XX-Large (larger than /12 up to /10) - $32,000 (already in the pending fee schedule)
XXX-Large (larger than /10 up to /8) - $64,000
XXXX-Large (larger than /8) - $128,000

My guess is that there would be so few orgs in the top couple categories, that the fee increase would not be of any consequence.

Is it just a matter of "but, they are big companies, so they should pay more money!"?

thanks,
-Randy