[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

Jesse D. Geddis jesse at la-broadband.com
Wed Apr 17 17:24:35 EDT 2013

John,

This data doesn't need to be made public if its not already. What I am trying to figure out is what a fee model would look like based on an operating budget of $15mil if ARIN were to asses the fees based on assigned aggregates  instead of tiers. (Just for ISPs)

If you started with assigned /22 ipv4
And assigned /36 for ipv6

Based on the current distribution and the current revenue if you applied randy's model of the fee doubling with every bit increase what would that look like in dollars as far as fees? For folks that have say a /14 plus another /19 or whatever, please round that up to a /13.

Is that possible to generate?

Jesse Geddis
LA Broadband LLC