[arin-discuss] IPv6 as justification for IPv4?

rlc at usfamily.net rlc at usfamily.net
Tue Apr 16 09:53:33 EDT 2013

If I understand the ARIN revenue "needs" as approximately $8 per class C
correctly, that means we are paying almost 6x more than that (in our
particular
case).  It would seem that a lot of you on the list don't seem to care
that big
ISP's get their IP's at a discounted rate, thus putting the rest of us at a
market disadvantage.  I knew exactly where the thread go when I pulled it
(nowhere), but it is amusing to watch the action.

I did see somewhat of a new bizarre response this time around, though.
Someone
actually likened this to getting the rich to "pay their fair share".  Perhaps
they didn't notice, but nobody was advocating for a progressive tax.   Quite
the contrary, we are talking about a "flat tax" to replace the current heavily
REGRESSIVE tax.  Thus, that was one of the most preposterous responses ever.

I have heard continual whining about lack of IPv6 adoption, while ARIN refuses
to adopt policies to encourage it.  Stop the whining, or do something
about it.

In the meantime, the big ISP's will continue to pull the strings.