[arin-discuss] [arin-ppml] ARIN as a public interest business

Luke S. Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Fri Feb 24 03:18:14 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 05:45:42PM -0500, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> > If anything, with v4 runout approaching, I'm glad they have something of a
> > war chest to help smooth runout.  I mean, I don't claim to know what is
>
> I wish it were that simple. That war chest represents a significant
> over charging of services in my opinion.

I think the real question is "what can they do about runout"  -
I don't have any ideas on how a pile of cash could mitigate
the problem, but it does mean that legal challenges
(and there will be legal challenges when runout comes)
to their authority will be just that- challenges.

Eh, I mean, that's just one reason why sitting on some cash
when runout comes might be a good idea.