[arin-discuss] Suggestion 2010.1 -- Initial Fee Waiver for IPv6 assignments to LRSA signatories

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Feb 8 10:58:20 EST 2010

On Feb 6, 2010, at 12:36 AM, joel jaeggli wrote:

> If you're the holder of legacy assignments, that you haven't brought
> under an LRSA by now or have an RSA, having secured additional
> assignments since 1997, what's the motivation to do so now? it's pretty
> clear that you are signaling either:
>
> That you don't/haven't needed additional assignments.
>
> That you have not intention of doing so.
>
> If as legacy resource holder you happen to like the terms you got
> pre-1997 that's great but when you secure new resources you should do so
> on todays terms rather than create a new class of entity for those folks.

I'm not proposing creating any new terms other than waiving a one-time
fee of $1250.  They would still be expected to qualify for their IPv6 resources
under current ARIN policy, sign the current ARIN RSA for their IPv6
resources, and, follow the same rules for any new IPv4 or ASN resources
they choose to seek. They would still pay the same annual fee for their
resources as anyone else.
Owen