[arin-discuss] IPv6-only website

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Apr 23 04:55:58 EDT 2010

On 2010.04.23 04:27, johnb at infinitie.net wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> New to this forum. I am curious. We have our ipv6 allocation and really want to push ipv6 but most of our upstreams aren't supporting it.
>
> We want to be ready when ipv4 runs out but don't really have a way of announcing these ips successfully.
>
> What do you recommend?

You have an AS number, yes?

What you need to do is contact a tunnel broker and advertise your
address allocation to them via BGP.

In many cases, this is free to do. I *highly* recommend he.net:

http://he.net/

They have all the details, but if you need anything further, I will
gladly help you out with implementation details (including initial
configuration).

I am in the same situation you are... my primary v6 transit is over an
ipip tunnel to HE.

Cheers,

Steve