[arin-discuss] IPv6 and ARIN route registry

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Tue Mar 17 11:44:35 EDT 2009

Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
> Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech.ca> writes:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've been scouring the web attempting to find out whether the ARIN IRR
>> supports IPv6 objects and am not getting very far.
>>
>> Is it possible to create v6 routing policy using the ARIN IRR?
>
> A fair question given that there are no route6 objects in arin.db.
>
> Got a maintainer object in the arin component?  Why not try creating
> one?  Format is mostly the same as a route object.  See here for more
> details:
> http://www.apnic.net/db/ref/attributes/attributes-route6.html#mandatory
>
> I don't have an arin maintainer object or I would try this myself.  I
> use altdb, which has over 3x as many route6 objects as radb does, and
> approaching as many as apnic.
>
> Maybe you'll be the first in the arin component!

Unfortunately, not quite:

Part of your update FAILED

For help see <http://www.arin.net/> or
include 'help' in the subject line of your message

Objects without errors have been processed.

Update FAILED: [unknown object]

source:        ARIN
origin:        AS14270
descr:         eagle.ca Internet Services
descr:         26 Chapel St.
descr:         Cobourg, Ontario K9A4K5
descr:         Canada
route6: 2607:f118::/32
mnt-by:        MNT-EAGLE-28
*ERROR*:       unknown object type

Thanks for the feedback though ;) I also tried using a standard route
object, but it failed as expected also.

Steve