[arin-discuss] IPv6 and ARIN route registry

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Mar 17 11:36:33 EDT 2009

Steve Bertrand <steve at ibctech.ca> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been scouring the web attempting to find out whether the ARIN IRR
> supports IPv6 objects and am not getting very far.
>
> Is it possible to create v6 routing policy using the ARIN IRR?

A fair question given that there are no route6 objects in arin.db.

Got a maintainer object in the arin component?  Why not try creating
one?  Format is mostly the same as a route object.  See here for more
details:
http://www.apnic.net/db/ref/attributes/attributes-route6.html#mandatory

I don't have an arin maintainer object or I would try this myself.  I
use altdb, which has over 3x as many route6 objects as radb does, and
approaching as many as apnic.

Maybe you'll be the first in the arin component!

-r