[arin-discuss] Co-ordination with other RIRs

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Jun 5 20:00:18 EDT 2009

I recently joined a couple of lists over @RIPE to monitor a specific
thread in one of their working groups.

After following these lists for the last few days, it almost seems as
that we (ARIN) are trying to fight the same battles as they are.

It didn't take me long to realize that many of the members on the PPML
are also over there, so that got me thinking...

Is there any consideration ever put into what the 'other guys' are doing
when policy is created? More importantly, are there any global
discussions that take place, so that one area can benefit from the
experience of the other RIRs?

Steve