[arin-discuss] Food for thought: IPv4 accountability.

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Jul 23 20:41:26 EDT 2009

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> I could have sworn MS had a /8 at one time.  The reason why
> I'm sure they did was because I'm positive I cited this years
> ago as evidence of MS being a bad corporate citizen during
> an online debate.
>
> I'm not surprised they don't have one now.  The departure of
> Bill Gates was the point at which MS stopped being an
> irresponsible, loudmouthed teenager company and started to
> grow up.

That's a pretty noisy claim ;)

> For example, their writing and releasing of the
> Linux drivers under the GPL2 to allow Linux sessions to run under
> HyperV would have been unthinkable during the "Halloween papers"
> days.

Even though this is very off-topic, it appears as though there may be a
slight possibility that Microsoft was trying to head-off possible GPL
violations by coming forward with their GPL'd code.

IANAL, I read it on slashdot ;)

Steve

ps. personally, this entire process has been interesting to watch. I
hope to be in Michigan.

pps. as soon as a /20 reaches seven figures, let me know... since I'm v6
ready, I'll advise my boss at our small ISP that I have a young-age
retirement plan :)