[arin-discuss] Good Stewardship by example, I'd like to RETURN a /20

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Wed Jul 22 15:43:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 01:32:19PM -0400, Joe Maimon wrote:

> John Osmon wrote:
>

> >We're aren't going to save the IPv4 world by returning space, but
> >we *will* make it easier on soe folks that are coming to the table
> >(relatively) late.
>
> Hate to be a downer, but not at the current burn rate.

Actually, I agree -- but don't tell the folks that think getting
a couple of /8s back from HP, Apple, and the DOD is going to significant
difference in the timing of IPv4 exhaustion.  :-)

I still think that anything you aren't using should go back to the
pool that allows new comers a chance to participate in
commerce/communication.  I don't, however, think that a slew of
/20s (or /8s) are going to make a big impact.