[arin-discuss] Dean -vs- ARIN... again (Re: The joy of SWIPping)

jlewis at atlantic.net jlewis at atlantic.net
Tue May 20 18:43:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Matt Kelly wrote:

> Is it normal practice to be asked what our customers are using the IP
> space for?  I've been under the impression that as long as we're using
> more than 80% of our current usage and show information for the
> upcoming allocation that is all that should be required.  We've been
> asked in the past why we're allocating certain size blocks to certain
> customers and for what reason.  I'm not sure this is kosher and we
> have NDA's with quite a few customers preventing us from discussing
> their operations.

It's been my experience that ARIN will ask for details on any "larger"
assignments.  AFAIK, they're happy to sign an NDA if needed, so you might
have to work into the NDA between you and your customers that you may be
required (under NDA) to share some information about their IP usage with
ARIN so that you're able to get future allocations from ARIN.