[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Oct 31 13:34:02 EDT 2007

I felt I couldn't attend the NM meeting either because it was "just a
junket"
so I observed over the Web - and after watching the 3 days of it, it merely
confirmed my initial feelings about it.  The web feed was definitely
a far better use of my time!

These trade shows are a form of advertising.  And the important thing
to keep in mind about advertising is that over 50% of your advertising
dollars are going to be wasted no matter how much advance preparation
you do.

I don't call it irresponsible for ARIN to show up at this trade show,
but I would call it irresponsible for them to show up at this show more than
once, now that they have seen that there isn't anything there for them.
I get a lot of advertising for trade shows and it's usually a bald faced
pack of lies, until you actually go there
and visit you don't really know squat about it.

TEd