[arin-discuss] Legacy RSA

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Oct 31 08:02:39 EDT 2007

Dean Anderson <dean at av8.net> writes:

> This was just a junket; part of that $400,000 or so 46% increase in the
> travel budget that I cited a couple weeks ago. Done under the euphemism
> of "outreach".  These trade shows are indeed a lot of fun. I wish I had
> an extra $400,000 to spend attending trade shows, staying in nice
> hotels, flying around. Parties are always great when you have no sales
> quotas to meet.

Dean, I try to avoid responding to your mail since I don't like
feeding trolls...  but if you think that *working* a trade show (as
opposed to *attending* a trade show) is anything resembling "fun",
well, that's just the voice of inexperience speaking.  If ARIN were
looking for junkets, I'd be disappointed if they couldn't find a
better destination than Boston in late October.

> But otherwise, I enjoyed the chance to talk to Einar and Jon, especially
> after I felt I couldn't attend Albuquerque because of the unrestrained
> presence of persons from Nanog who have made physical threats of
> violence against me.

I don't seem to suffer these difficulties.  Maybe it's you.

                                        ---Rob