[arin-discuss] [ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Oct 10 13:47:49 EDT 2007

While I am not entirely trustful of NANOG myself (what Merit
did with the gated code was reprehensible IMHO) I strongly
support ARIN giving them money.  In fact I would like to see
ARIN give even more of these groups (Internet Society, etc.)
money.  And I would like to see this be a regular occurance.

So, that when the day that the United Nations decides to legally
screw over ARIN comes, and the UN runs around to these various
groups (like NANOG) looking for support, these groups will make
the decision to tell the UN to go screw itself rather than to
give up the ARIN money teat.

Ted