[arin-discuss] ARIN Fee discussion

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Wed Oct 10 06:40:47 EDT 2007

Self-replying, sorry about that.

> divide a $10,400,000 budget by 3000 members ($3,466, in case
> anyone chooses not to).

btw, it's 2,901 members; I was rounding:
http://www.arin.net/statistics/index.html

> > Finally, would it be possible to get the average number of
> allocations
> > and the average number of email/telephone interactions per year for
> > each size category (I suspect the latter is more Leslie's domain).
>
> Email, phone calls, templates on slide 6 (and see also slide 8):
> http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XIX/PDF/wednesday/RS
> D_Nobile.p
> df
>
> You're right that these numbers, if available, would come
> from Registration Services, so let's see if they have this
> kind of data.

I checked, and except for the  numbers above, interactions
aren't tracked by size category.  We could implement a system to
allow data mining, but it would either take time (more labor cost)
or potentially distract from other priorities.

Which is not to say no, exactly, but to suggest that people look
at the presentations next week (which will be available online,
webcast http://www.arin.net/ARIN-XX/webcast.html or archives a
later http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/index.html ) and help
decide what ARIN's priorities should be.

For the record, this arin-discuss mailing list is the correct
place to discuss those priorities.

Lee