[arin-discuss] [ppml] Counsel statement on Legacy assignments?

Jeremy Anthony Kinsey jer at mia.net
Tue Oct 9 18:35:32 EDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 4:22 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> \
>
> Bashing the legacy holders?  Hardly.  How is it bashing to state the
> fact that someone isn't paying for something that is costing someone
> else money?  Oh I forgot, in your OPPOSITE universe, freeloaders are
> good, pluggers who pay for everything are bad.  Boy, you must get a
> headache walking around on your head all day long.  Beats tinfoil
> hats, I guess.

Do keep in mind that the majority of the legacy holders are likely
Universities, or other larger corps, where the person responsible for
the allocation is not paying for the allocation out of their own
pocket....

I own the company... The money comes out of my pocket..  It's pretty
easy not to find fault with the status quo when someone else is
footing the bill...

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
  e-mail: jer at mia.net