[arin-discuss] SPAM-WARN:Re: ARIN Fee discussion

Jeremy Anthony Kinsey jer at mia.net
Tue Oct 9 13:52:22 EDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Michael Thomas - Mathbox wrote:

>> -----
> I would remind everyone of this excerpt from a message from Stephen
> Sprunk
> on 5/31/07:
>
> <Begin Excerpt>
> Current stats per ARIN Member Services:
>
>             # Members   % Members   % v4 space   % fees
> Xtra Small      390        14.8         0.29       5.7
> Small         1,571        59.8         4.64      42.6
> Medium          518        19.9         8.92      28.0
> Large            71         2.7         6.87       7.7
> Xtra Large       73         2.8        79.28      15.8
>
> (The last column didn't come from ARIN, but I calculated it from
> the fee
> schedule.)
> <End Excerpt>
>
> Note that 73 Xtra Large members control over 79 percent of ARIN
> allocated IP
> space and they pay 15.8 percent of the allocation fees.

You've kinda explained the federal tax system in a nut-shell... Only
thing is, this is working in reverse...

> There are several
> obvious issues here, including conservation and fair-play. I am
> surprised
> that 2300 victims do not have anything to say on the issue.

I would say I am concerned, not surprised...   If ARIN is made up of
its members and members do not contribute to the discussion, I guess
we have nothing to complain about...

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
  e-mail: jer at mia.net