[arin-discuss] SPAM-WARN:Re: [ppml] Counsel statement onLegacyassignments?(fwd)

Mike Berger berger at shout.net
Fri Oct 5 15:29:54 EDT 2007

My newspaper subscription (and a few magazines) are on an annual basis.
Some of
the local ISP's also offer billing on an annual basis.  My homeowners
and auto insurance
both have annual payment options (and it wasn't an option for my
business insurance,
it was mandatory).  Automobile registration fees are on an annual
basis.  I pay my
alarm monitoring service annually.

So now you know there are lots of businesses that bill annually.

For the people who don't think billing monthly adds much to the cost of
business,
I suspect you've never been in a business where you have to bill a
significant
number of clients.  Imagine having to deal with 12 times the paperwork,
12 times the costs of dealing with late payments, and 12 times the bank
processing
fees.