[arin-discuss] [info at arin.net: ACSP Suggestion 2007.15]

David E. Smith dave at mvn.net
Thu Jul 19 11:31:44 EDT 2007

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:

> C) Stop assuming that everyone who deals with ARIN is a techno-geek.
> It's simply not true and has not been true for several years now. Most
> people who deal with IP addressing and ARIN relationship, are NORMAL
> people.

Did you just imply that we're not normal? Them's fightin' words. :)

Honestly, the link says "manage your mailing list subscription," which
is about as clear and unambiguous as you can get without detailing every
little thing you can possibly do. And we don't really want a signature
that says "Visit (url here) to subscribe, unsubscribe, select whether
you want to receive mails in real-time or in a daily digest, change your
list password, or change your email address by rapidly unsubscribing one
address followed by subscribing another one."

I'm sure I left out a few features but, well, you get the idea.

(oh yeah, I also think ARIN WHOIS supporting CIDR lookups would be swell)

David Smith
MVN.net