consistancy

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Sun Sep 17 13:47:40 EDT 2000

This might sound like nit-picking, but I think it's an important issue to
figure out before I "petition" IANA/ICANN with the below request.  Does
ARIN want to be given authority to oversee those blocks?  I certainly
don't want to ask for something to be given to ARIN that ARIN doesn't
want.

Perhaps if the AC, the membership, or whoever needs to, can decide on that
first, then ARIN as well as concerned individuals can approach IANA/ICANN
with the suggestion/request.

If ARIN doesn't want the be given that authority, then as a concerned
Internet citizen I'll ask them to do it themselves.  While it seems that
the RIRs are all setup to be able to deal with the process for accounting
for legacy space, maybe a new ASO (Since it probably isn't regional)
should be created for dealing with the unique issues that reclaiming will
probably have.

So, should ARIN (RIRs) have the authority and does it want it?

Mury

Side note:  Can someone tell me how much of the legacy space would fall
under ARIN's region?