consistancy

Alec H. Peterson ahp at hilander.com
Sat Sep 16 18:09:48 EDT 2000

Mury wrote:

> No offense to you personally with these questions, but I've been told I am
> not qualified to act as any sort of "spokesperson" for the ARIN
> membership, and that I'm an idiot for asking for the list of legacy space
> contacts.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> Is it appropriate for me to "petition IANA/ICANN" essentially on behalf of
> ARIN?

No, but it would be appropriate for you to petition ICANN/IANA as a
concerned user of address space (and perhaps an ARIN member, although I
don't know offhand if you are) to either take it upon themselves to reclaim
address space or delegate authority to do so appropriately (ie, to the
RIRs).

Alec

Alec H. Peterson - ahp at hilander.com
Staff Scientist
CenterGate Research Group - http://www.centergate.com
"Technology so advanced, even _we_ don't understand it!"