consistancy

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Sep 15 04:59:21 EDT 2000

> Such a friendly group.  I will word my offer a little more clearly for
> those who take everything literally.
>
> 1)  I am making the point we should reclaim unused space.
> 2)  I am willing to do my part in helping if ARIN doesn't have the
>     resources or the "authority" to accomplish the task.
>
> Mury

	|First off, start with your own "unused" space.
	|Second, would you appreciate a random call from
	 someone you've never heard of asking you to give up
	 your IP space?

	Suzanne helped me in one of my reclaimation efforts
	in years past. Those efforts were sactioned by the IANA.
	Offers to assit ARIN have fallen of deaf ears and so
	little has been done recently. Still, there has been
	some forward progress. Stanford finally returned net
	36 to the IANA after nearly a decade.  So reclaimation is working,
	but perhaps not quite at the speed you would like.

--bill