guideline for name-based web hosting justification

Andrew White awhite at dca.net
Wed Sep 13 11:41:24 EDT 2000

I have to agree with Mike Horwath.  We are looking at what's required to
move from IP- to name-based virtual hosts, and we find that name-based
virtual hosts are really a different product than IP based virtual hosts
-- and along with name-based vhosts comes a whole host of headaches for us
(log processing/IP accounting) and our customers (incompatability with
older browsers).

I hope that ARIN reconsiders this policy.

-Andrew White
 DCANet

--

Andrew White <awhite at dca.net>