[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Offering ARIN Content in Multiple Languages

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Wed Feb 22 16:10:59 EST 2023

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 2:49 PM Owen DeLong via ARIN-consult <
arin-consult at arin.net> wrote:

> I’m not sure staffing this is practical, but there are on-demand
> translation services that ARIN could subscribe to to enable
> this functionality. I would support such an action.
>
> Owen

I think it depends how many languages are targeted. Simply offering Spanish
in addition to English via support channels is likely a low bar and not
terribly challenging: hiring someone who is fluent in both English and
Spanish in the Northern VA region and who is at least a little bit
technical and comfortable in a customer service/support role isn't at all
difficult, and many such high quality individuals exist in that talent
pool. This is made even easier if hiring remote staff within the US is on
the table. Adding support for French makes things a fair bit tougher
without hiring outside of the US, and even more obscure languages, even
more so. (I'm basing this on my experience hiring and working alongside
multi-lingual folks in technology environments in the US, YMMV.)

Take care,
Matt

Matt Harris
VP OF INFRASTRUCTURE