[ARIN-consult] increasing 2FA take-up

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 25 12:56:20 EDT 2022

> On 25 May 2022, at 10:40 AM, David R Huberman <daveid at panix.com> wrote:
>
> I note that in the Engineering Report at ARIN49, found at:
>
> https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/ARIN49/materials/425_engineeringreport.pdf
>
> ... only a minority percentage of ARIN Online users login with any frequency. Further, as noted by others, the priority in our thinking may need to be on ARIN Online accounts associated with number resources. Putting the two ideas together, I think the 3.2% number is a bit unfocused.
>
> Perhaps it would be helpful if we knew the percentage take-up of 2FA for ARIN Online accounts that are associated with number resources as we delve into this discussion.

There are 193,275 total ARIN online accounts today.

Of those, 36184 are associated with directly registered network/ASN number resources and of those accounts with resources, 3628 have 2FA enabled.

So approximately 10% of the ARIN Online accounts associated with number resources have 2FA enabled.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO