[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Implementing Single Transferrable Voting for ARIN Elections

Adam Thompson athompson at merlin.mb.ca
Fri Jan 7 13:33:12 EST 2022

Yes, exactly.  If we’re using a non-default voting model, there should be at least a passing reference to it in the Bylaws.
I don’t know if 4(a) is the best spot for it, but something as simple as the sentence “The Single Transferable Vote model shall be used for voting.”   Implicit in that is “…until the Bylaws get changed again.” which is my whole point.  There’s a million different ways to phrase it.
-Adam

Adam Thompson
Consultant, Infrastructure Services
[MERLIN]
100 - 135 Innovation Drive
Winnipeg, MB, R3T 6A8
(204) 977-6824 or 1-800-430-6404 (MB only)
athompson at merlin.mb.ca<mailto:athompson at merlin.mb.ca>
www.merlin.mb.ca<http://www.merlin.mb.ca/>