[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation 2021.5: Consultation on ARIN’s Membership Structure

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Oct 29 00:22:44 EDT 2021

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 1:47 PM ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> General members (whether existing or new ones who were previously end user organizations and opted to become General Members) must participate in ARIN Elections to maintain their status. Following the 2023 ARIN annual election and each election thereafter, General Members that did not cast a ballot in any of the previous three ARIN elections will become Service Members and will not be eligible to apply for General Member status until after the coming year.

I notice that this text is not in the bylaws change. The way the
bylaws have been rewritten, the sitting board of trustees can redefine
the qualifications for who is permitted to vote in elections for the
board of trustees at any time with immediate effect, leaving no
obvious recourse for anyone disenfranchised by the change. A general
member must "meet any eligibility requirements" defined by the BoT
with no restrictions on the BoT altering those requirements.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin