[ARIN-consult] ACSP Consultation 2021.3 - ARIN Fees is Now Closed

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu May 13 16:52:42 EDT 2021

John,

I apologize for asking a question about the closed consultation, but I
need clarification on a point in your summary;

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 8:40 AM ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:

> Another major point raised during the consultation was regarding the need
> for more equitable treatment of legacy resource holders – in particular
> whether there could be a faster transition from capped fees to the standard
> fee schedule. We did weigh several options suggested by the community, but
> we intend to proceed as planned (i.e., increasing the cap on total annual
> registry maintenance fees for legacy resource holders by $25 per year.)
> While this cap is not required contractually for all legacy resource
> holders, we will apply it uniformly in order to provide equitable fees of
> similarly situated organizations.

Does this include previous and future signatories of the LRSA or only
previous signatories?  Basically, will future signatories be charged the
then-current fees or the capped fees? Personally, I don't have an opinion
or expectation, but felt it was worth clarifying.

Thanks
David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952