[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Retiring the Officer Attestation Requirement

Rob Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Tue Aug 3 13:42:02 EDT 2021

> On Aug 3, 2021, at 12:21 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>

>> Furthermore, I do not support any changes to policy regarding Officer Attestation at this time.
>
> Acknowledged, and for avoidance of doubt, ARIN staff is not suggesting any changes to number resource policy in this regard either.

Thank you for that clarification since that is exactly what I thought was being suggested.  That's why I said that I looked forward to seeing these observations as well as the outcome of this consultation in a future policy experience report.

It seems to me that if there is sufficient support through a consultation process for removal of officer attestation from operational processes, then a policy proposal ought to be brought forth so we can see if there is appetite for removing officer attestation from the NRPM as well.

-r