[ARIN-consult] Consultation on ARIN Fees

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Apr 12 15:27:11 EDT 2021

On 12 Apr 2021, at 2:42 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> To follow up on my question during the presentation today, as part of ARIN 47; (text of the questions has been corrected below)
>
> If a Legacy holder was willing to accelerate their true-up, is ARIN willing to negotiate on this issue, without jumping straight to the final result in one year?
>
> To expand a bit, I would like to suggest ARIN offer an option for an accelerated true-up, maybe over something like 5 - 10 years instead of 1 year, in the case of direct conversion, or 300+ years, that the current $25 a year increase represents for a Large Catagory Legacy Holder.
>
> In the case of the Large Catagory Legacy Holder example above, a 300+ year true-up is kind of laughable and not very equitable in one direction, but neither is more than a 5000% increase in one year a very equitable alternative.

David -

	Thanks for elaborating - we can certainly do this if an organization wishes – and I’m happy to consider a standard option for such if you think there would be demand.

	In trying understand the potential demand, do you anticipate that organizations would seek this option out of alltrustism, or are there other motivations potentially involved?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO