Feedback on aging of tickets

Steve Hellriegel steveh at net253.net
Wed Jun 26 14:23:21 EDT 2019

I read the proposal and said to myself, really? ARIN wrote this and thought
it isn't crazy?

I suggest that tickets are retained for 18 months. That allows tickets to
live past 1 renewal cycle of the ARIN account the NL user is registered
with.

3 months (90 days) is insufficient time to resolve tickets, we often have
tickets open longer, and may need to refer to an older ticket to resolve the
open ticket.

18 months seems like an ideal tradeoff between needing to purge data (for
performance, and ARIN liability, which you didn't mention, noticed that) and
have enough retention to complete complex, multi-ticket issues.

-Steve

Net253, LLC