[ARIN-consult] [ARIN-Suggestions] NEW ACSP 2019.17: RSA Change

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Aug 5 15:57:32 EDT 2019

I would suggest that ARIN needs to grow a bigger stick before there is any _point_ in changing the RSA to include specific language like that, anyway.

So ARIN terminates my contract and nullifies my number assignments - if I'm a malicious or even just egregiously negligent user, my reaction is "so what?"  Even here in Winnipeg, there's at least one ISP I'm pretty sure will peer with me and/or advertise for me, even if I'm using bogus IP and AS numbers (for a suitable price, of course).

If MANRS/RPKI/IRR/etc. had decent adoption here, I think the situation would be different.

I just don't understand why we're talking about adding T&C's when there's so little consequence to willfully breaching them anyway.

-Adam