[ARIN-consult] [E] Re: Consultation on Orphaned Organization (Org) and Point of Contact (POC) Records

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 6 09:11:19 EDT 2018

On 5 Aug 2018, at 3:34 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> 2.	It would be reasonable to make an effort to contact said POC, giving said POC 60 days notice that
> 	their record is orphaned and pending deletion.
>
> 3.	After 60 days elapses if ARIN does not receive some form of response indicating that there is a
> 	reason to maintain said orphaned POC, it should be safe to remove it, relegating it to who’s
> 	for all eternity.

Owen -

“If ARIN does not receive some form of response” is rather vague…

Can we both clarify and streamline the processing to effect that ARIN makes a reasonable effort to contact the POC, and then 60 days later, if the POC still meets orphaned criteria AND has not been updated in the any manner, then it is safe to archive and remove?

This provides that a party notified can associate the record with some resources or simply update it the record and it will remain in the database.

Thoughts?
/John

John Curran
President and CEO