[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Prohibiting Attachments on ARIN Mailing Lists

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Apr 24 16:39:27 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 03:11:38PM -0400, Brian Jones wrote:
> ???Does discussion conducted on ARIN public lists need to be PGP signed????

If you are just counting heads, maybe not.  If you look at "who said
something, what is their background, should I be listening more closely",
being able to verify that "indeed, this was sent by the person I know"
is a benefit.

Of course some of us do not really need PGP to make it very easy to
see "oh, yes, Gert wrote this, and he's having a bad day again" :-)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

SpaceNet AG                      Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard, Michael Emmer
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14        Aufsichtsratsvors.: A. Grundner-Culemann
D-80807 Muenchen                 HRB: 136055 (AG Muenchen)
Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444         USt-IdNr.: DE813185279