[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Open ACSP Suggestions
jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 11 12:48:03 EDT 2018
It would be most helpful if you (and others) could complete the referenced survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OpenACSP2018>, as that allows for relative prioritization (e.g. please set higher those items you support) and allow us to develop a work plan for 2019 that accomplishes what the community most desires.
President and CEO
On 11 Apr 2018, at 12:40 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com<mailto:owen at delong.com>> wrote:
On Apr 11, 2018, at 08:54 , ARIN <info at arin.net<mailto:info at arin.net>> wrote:
Through 11 May, we will be collecting feedback from the community on
many of the open ACSP Suggestions that are not currently on the ARIN
2018 Work Plan.
There is a survey available at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OpenACSP2018 where you can rank
suggestions by category (type of improvement), and you also have the
option to rate the value of each open suggestion.
The information gleaned from the survey will be one of the inputs used
to help determine which suggestions will be included ARIN's 2019 Work
Plan. For your reference, the suggestions included in the survey have
been grouped as follows:
New Account Management Functionality:
* 2017.16 - Allow registered brokers to be added to transfer tickets
* 2017.21 - Display Account Type of Org IDs
* 2017.24 - Allow NET objects of Simple Reassignments to hold POC objects
Neutral, slightly opposed. Don’t see the benefit and therefore question the value
of doing so.
* 2017.25 - Allow Changes to Org Handle in a Detailed Reassignment Without Requiring Deletion
Account Management Improvements:
* 2013.16 - Association of Multiple Networks With A Customer
Not entirely clear on the problem being solved or the benefit.
* 2017.3 - Allow Multiple Primary Billing Contacts
Confused. Multiple billing contacts makes sense to me. By definition, primary implies a singular value.
New ARIN Online Features:
* 2015.20 - Marking ARIN Online Messages as Read
* 2016.8 - List All Related Unvalidated POCs
* 2017.13 - Sorting of Allocations / Assignments by org-id in ARIN Online
ARIN Online Improvements:
* 2013.28 - POC Validation Message Removal Upon Validation
* 2017.28 - Improvements to POC Searches Within ARIN Online
Billing Functionality Improvements:
* 2012.5 - Bulk Billing Management
* 2016.06 - Add PO Field to Invoices in ARIN Online
* 2016.12 - Interactive Fee Calculator
Neutral, but opposed to a fee increase to enable it.
* 2018.2 - Improvements to Whois Inaccuracy Reporting
RESTful Web Services (RWS) Improvements:
* 2011.17 - Define access restrictions for APIs
Neutral to slightly opposed. Do not see sufficient benefit for expense.
* 2012.20 - Remove result limit for Whois-RWS child network queries
* 2015.18 - Sort Order For Utilization reports from RESTful Whois
* 2016.11 - Improvements to RESTful Web Services
* 2017.22 - Disable OT&E API keys (RegRWS) in Production Systems
* 2017.23 - Changes To RegRWS Access With API Key Authentication
* 2017.1 - Two-factor functionality improvement
* 2017.9 - Changes to IP Address Widget
* 2017.8 - Chat button for ARIN.NET<http://ARIN.NET> website
* 2016.03 - Provide Web UI for RDAP
Neutral to slightly opposed. Don’t see sufficient benefit vs. cost unless it
essentially comes automatically with RDAP. In reality, there will be plenty of
external RDAP Web-UIs created by third parties, so I don’t see much point here
unless it replaces Whois-RWS and/or Reg-RWS and those products are EOLd as a
You are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the ARIN Consult Mailing
List (ARIN-consult at arin.net<mailto:ARIN-consult at arin.net>).
Unsubscribe or manage your mailing list subscription at:
http://lists.arin.net/mailman/listinfo/arin-consult Please contact the ARIN Member Services
Help Desk at info at arin.net<mailto:info at arin.net> if you experience any issues.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ARIN-consult