[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Open ACSP Suggestions

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 11 12:40:09 EDT 2018

> On Apr 11, 2018, at 08:54 , ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>
> Through 11 May, we will be collecting feedback from the community on
> many of the open ACSP Suggestions that are not currently on the ARIN
> 2018 Work Plan.
>
> There is a survey available at
> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OpenACSP2018 where you can rank
> suggestions by category (type of improvement), and you also have the
> option to rate the value of each open suggestion.
>
> The information gleaned from the survey will be one of the inputs used
> to help determine which suggestions will be included ARIN's 2019 Work
> Plan. For your reference, the suggestions included in the survey have
> been grouped as follows:
>
> New Account Management Functionality:
>
>     * 2017.16 - Allow registered brokers to be added to transfer tickets

Support

>     * 2017.21 - Display Account Type of Org IDs

Support

>     * 2017.24 - Allow NET objects of Simple Reassignments to hold POC objects

Neutral, slightly opposed. Don’t see the benefit and therefore question the value
of doing so.

>     * 2017.25 - Allow Changes to Org Handle in a Detailed Reassignment Without Requiring Deletion

Support

> Account Management Improvements:
>
>     * 2013.16 - Association of Multiple Networks With A Customer

Not entirely clear on the problem being solved or the benefit.

>     * 2017.3 - Allow Multiple Primary Billing Contacts

Confused. Multiple billing contacts makes sense to me. By definition, primary implies a singular value.

> New ARIN Online Features:
>
>     * 2015.20 - Marking ARIN Online Messages as Read

Support

>     * 2016.8 - List All Related Unvalidated POCs

Support

>     * 2017.13 - Sorting of Allocations / Assignments by org-id in ARIN Online

Support

> ARIN Online Improvements:
>
>     * 2013.28 - POC Validation Message Removal Upon Validation

Support

>     * 2017.28 - Improvements to POC Searches Within ARIN Online

Support

> Billing Functionality Improvements:
>
>     * 2012.5 - Bulk Billing Management

Support

>     * 2016.06 - Add PO Field to Invoices in ARIN Online

Neutral

>     * 2016.12 - Interactive Fee Calculator

Neutral, but opposed to a fee increase to enable it.

> Reporting Improvements:
>
>     * 2018.2 - Improvements to Whois Inaccuracy Reporting

Support

> RESTful Web Services (RWS) Improvements:
>
>     * 2011.17 - Define access restrictions for APIs

Neutral to slightly opposed. Do not see sufficient benefit for expense.

>     * 2012.20 - Remove result limit for Whois-RWS child network queries

Support

>     * 2015.18 - Sort Order For Utilization reports from RESTful Whois

Support

>     * 2016.11 - Improvements to RESTful Web Services

Support

>     * 2017.22 - Disable OT&E API keys (RegRWS) in Production Systems

Support

>     * 2017.23 - Changes To RegRWS Access With API Key Authentication

Neutral

> Security Improvements:
>
>     * 2017.1 - Two-factor functionality improvement

Neutral

> Website Improvements:
>
>     * 2017.9 - Changes to IP Address Widget

Neutral

>     * 2017.8 - Chat button for ARIN.NET website

Support

>     * 2016.03 - Provide Web UI for RDAP

Neutral to slightly opposed. Don’t see sufficient benefit vs. cost unless it
essentially comes automatically with RDAP. In reality, there will be plenty of
external RDAP Web-UIs created by third parties, so I don’t see much point here
unless it replaces Whois-RWS and/or Reg-RWS and those products are EOLd as a
result.

Owen