[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Proposed 2018 Fee Schedule Changes

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Mon Apr 9 15:49:46 EDT 2018

Hi John,

This is a significant change and while you may personally view it as
"modest increase", calling it so for those of us with a single object,
is incorrect.  I have personally been forced to pay this fee even when
ARIN refused to provide any services to me and note: ARIN has not
refunded the money paid while you refused to provide any services,
especially the ones you list below. If you are claiming that it costs
$150 a year to have an entry in a whois server, I disagree, if nothing
else it should be going down.  If you are saying that we should all pay
the same whether we have more objects or need more help, I also
disagree, you should charge end users based on their usage.

Looking at your tax filings, In 2015, you reported that more than half
of your expenses were compensation at 9.1MM. For 2016 the number appears
to be 10.8MM.  As Mr. Herrin noted, other organizations that have the
same level of complexity, can do the work with significantly less
engineers.  As a non-profit you should be focused on delivering value to
your customers, not charging more for the same service.

For those who are interested, you can find the 990 filings for ARIN here
: https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/541860956