[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Expanding the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Apr 7 21:36:46 EDT 2018

>> Ask yourself instead, “what problem, if any, would this solve?”  I’ve asked that question each time it’s been brought up, and I’ve never received an answer.
>
> It’s unlikely going forward that we’ll have quite as many folks involved who have similarly been involved in every aspect of the Internet since its inception.

As Owen has pointed out, adding more people who you believe to be unqualified doesn’t make it easier for the people you believe to be qualified to get the work done, it just saddles them with more committees to entertain.

Myself, I believe that there are plenty of good candidates, but I believe that nomcoms haven’t done a great job of putting them on slates.  Again, a larger board doesn’t solve that problem.

So, I’m still looking for a problem that increased board size solves.  Because I’m very aware of the costs.

                                -Bill