[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Expanding the Size of the ARIN Board of Trustees

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Apr 6 17:30:59 EDT 2018

On 6 Apr 2018, at 5:26 PM, John Comfort <john at comfortconsulting.com<mailto:john at comfortconsulting.com>> wrote:

Thank you John Curran for the explanation.

To recap then, the consideration to increase the size of the board was initiated by a need to expand the "breath of knowledge" in matters discussed within the board meetings, correct?

Yes, that is correct.

I ask this question because I want to make sure we are clear on our objectives and motives.  You have my support if "breadth of knowledge" is the reason for this consultation.

Also correct - " While the Trustees elected by the community often have a broad knowledge of the Internet ecosystem, seven Trustees is a relatively small group to evaluate impacts across the entire Internet ecosystem.”

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO